List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] A question about "U-ATA100 Raid Controller" and Cooker...
From:       Claudio <sorcla () tiscalinet ! it>
Date:       2001-06-30 17:31:12

On Saturday 30 June 2001 15:14, Juan Quintela wrote:

> claudio> On Saturday 30 June 2001 12:27, civileme wrote:
> claudio> [...]
>
> >> There are no plans.  It cannot be supported without more information
> >> from Promise.
> >>
> >> But if it is a general problem, you might want to organize a
> >> "write-to-Promise day" with the others who are similarly concerned,
> >> say once a month.  And f they starty getting lots of letters
> >> encouraging them to cooperate, then perhaps they will.
>
> claudio> Mmmm... really thanks for suggestion, I will propose it on mailing
> list so claudio> maybe we'll "sensibilize" Promise to let developer know
> technical claudio> informations! ;o)
>
> My promise card don't have RAID support, but the driver in the kernel
> (since 2.4.5-Xmdk, should do the trick).  Could you see if it works,
> and report here/to me positive/negative feedback?
>
> Thanks in advance, Juan.

I'd really like to test it!!! I'll do of course.
But just tell me the way I should test it: the installation issue or once the
system is installed? I'm a bit worried making the test on installed system,
for I don't know if latter I can recover the system if the kernel won't see
the two ATA controllers for hde and hdg...
If you tell me to test from scratch, just at installation stage, I will do it
on next Tuesday, when I'll have mirrored latest package of Cooker from
University. I have a 56k line here at home...
C.

--
Claudio Panichi
SysAdmin at Dept. of Physics