List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] hdlist.cz?
From:       Michael Brown <mandrake-cooker () fensystems ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-06-29 22:20:26

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Jason Straight wrote:
> Is there documentation anywhere on creating the hdlist's?
> I'd like to keep my own local mirror of some updates and such for many
> machines and need to be able to generate my own hdlist.cz file from a
> directory full of RPMS.
> Thanks in advance.

Basically, you just create a hdlists file which contains pointers to each
of the RPMS directories (use the existing hdlists file as a template),
then re-run gendistrib as

$distroot/misc/gendistrib --distrib $distroot

(where $distroot is the folder containing the root of your installation
tree - e.g. distroot=/vault/mandrake/Mandrake/8.0/i586 in my case).

This is assuming that you have a full local mirror of the standard
8.0/Cooker tree and wish to add one or more 'extra' RPM sets (I add
Contribs and a few self-packaged, non-GPL extras like StarOffice in this
way).

HTH,

Michael