List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] Re: [cooker-commits] [svn-commit] r121136 - packages/cooker/gsl/current/SPECS
From:       Thierry Vignaud <tvignaud () mandriva ! com>
Date:       2007-02-15 16:22:12

Thierry Vignaud <tvignaud@mandriva.com> writes:

> > > Why make such changes??
> > >
> > > You should NOT build packages as root anyways, stop giving people an
> > > impression of that it's okay ;)
> >
> > Well, and what about people building with buildroot = /usr ?
>
> they're just asking for troubles.
> one is free to shoot himself in the foot...

what's more what do we want?

as misc show, if we follow that path, we're going to hardcore in every
spec file an explicit test for "/", then "/usr", then /root, /lib/,

and what about /usr/lib ? should it be caught by a generic /usr/* but
then we're banning /usr/src/*....

buildroot is supposed to be set to a sensitive value, which is
supposed to be a sane place.

what's more, buildroot CANNNOT BE / since rpm'll add
%{name}-%{release} or sg like that.

the only case is an explicit "BuildRtoo: /" and we can't do anything
about that (ie there're too many places to protect).

building as root is wrong & insane.