List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] multiple .desktop for some apps ?
From:       Pomarede Nicolas <npomarede () corp ! free ! fr>
Date:       2006-11-18 18:54:27

Hello,

while trying Enlightenment 17, I noticed some applications appears twice
when using 'open with'.

For example, Electric Eyes appears twice, because I have 2 Electric
Eyes.desktop files :

rpm -qvf /usr/share/apps/kappfinder/apps/Graphics/ElectricEyes.desktop
kdebase-common-3.5.5-4mdv2007.1

rpm -qvf /home/npomarede/.e/e/applications/all/MandrivaLinux-Multimedia-Graphics-Electric\ Eyes.desktop
le fichier /home/npomarede/.e/e/applications/all/MandrivaLinux-Multimedia-Graphics-Electric
Eyes.desktop n'appartient à aucun paquetage
(perhaps created by electric eyes rpm ?)

Same for xmms, one .desktop belongs to xmms.rpm and the other to
kdebase-common-3.5.5-4mdv2007.1.

Is this normal that kdebase-common provides some .desktop for applications
that are already provided by their own rpm ?

Or do I have some duplicate files due to using cooker and perhaps some
old files were not erased at some point when updating rpms ?

I'm trying to understand if the apps shown twice is a problem due to e17,
or if those .desktop are really redundant.

(note that under kde, multimedia/sound also shows duplicates for
Grip/GRip, gtkPod/GTKPod, TiMidity++/TiMidity++, Xmms/Xmms but I dont't
know if it's related).

Thanks for any input.

Nicolas