List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] New release directory
From:       AAW <AAW () milwpc ! com>
Date:       2006-07-15 12:56:49

On Friday, July 14, 2006 11:12pm, Buchan Milne wrote:
> They should be hardlinks, so there's no extra disk usage on mirrors,
> and no additional bandwidth required for the move (if you use -H in
> your rsync). This was announced on the mirror list.

Thanks for the info, Buchan, but it looks like a bunch of mirrors didn't
get the message. I open
ftp://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/MandrivaLinux/devel/cooker/i586/media/main/
in both konqueror and firefox and see 5022 rpm's. The release
subdirectory contains 320 files, some of which are old versions (e.g.,
gail-1.9.0 has 1mdv, 2mdv, and 3mdv versions). I haven't been able to
find a mirror yet that shows anything different.

Regards,
Arn