List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] Re: issues building openoffice-2.0.2 and  j2sdk-ant  for x86_64
From:       Giuseppe_Ghibň <ghibo () mandriva ! com>
Date:       2006-06-28 16:49:14

Zé wrote:

> Unable to build   j2sdk-ant in x64 with j2re-1.4.2-12mdk unless in j2sdk-ant
> spec i put export JAVA_HOME=%_libdir/jdk-1.4.2 else it will look for javac
> in  /usr/lib64/jre-1.4.2/bin/javac, and as we know that file doesnt exists
> there, as you can see in j2sdk-ant build i get this error:
>
> ./bootstrap.sh: line 129: /usr/lib64/jre-1.4.2/bin/javac: File or folder not
> found
>

> Also i can only build j2sdk-ant in x64 if i add these lines in spec:
>
> %ifarch x86_64
> BuildRequires:	j2sdk >= 1.4.2
> %else
> BuildRequires:	j2sdk >= 1.4.2_05
> %endif
>
> because as you know the only j2re available in x64 is j2re-1.4.2-12mdk
>
> All this are packages needed to build openoffice, and as you see they care
> fixes so it can be built in x64
>
> So you do need to fix  j2sdk-ant or put available the latest j2sdk.src.rpm
> availabel cause even in http://rpms.mandrivaclub.com isnt possible to
> download the src.rpm, and im talking for members.
>
> kind regards,

Dear Zé, the problem is not the missed j2sdk. The 2.0.2 doesn't compile
completely [at least I wasn't able to] natively on X86-64 with any java provided
in club (either SUN 1.5.0_07/1.6beta2 or BlackDown 1.4.2) as well as with gcj|gij).

The one closest to be compiling natively under X86-64 is this one under cooker,
where I've used the free gcj|gij|ecj instead of SUN java (you can force on the
rpm command line using --with ecj):

http://peoples.mandriva.com/~ghibo/OOo/OpenOffice.org-2.0.3-0.m6.2mdv2007.0.src.rpm

Under that SPEC file you might see I've used:

%ifarch x86_64
%define use_gcj         1
%else
%define use_gcj         0
%endif

so that default for X86-64 will be gcj. (for i586 you might try also with
gcj instead of sun java, by using --with gcj on the rpm building command lines,
although right now many of the cooker's i586 required java compat packages are
still linked with libgcj.so.6).

Under 2006 you might try to compile it, but it needs a newer dbus (> 0.60, while
2006 has 0.23), as well as the other contrib's java-1.4.2-compat packages which
might not be ready in 2006.

Under cooker, instead you should be able to almost complete the building except
for galleries, which crashes [dunno whether due to inkscape, Xvfb, or something
other, and I'm currently investigating into (in the next build I'll reenable
also cairo for X86-64)].

Bye
Giuseppe.