List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] modular xorg
From:       Thomas Spuhler <thomas () btspuhler ! com>
Date:       2006-05-24 5:14:02

On Monday 22 May 2006 12:44 pm, Dick Gevers wrote:
> On Mon, 22 May 2006 12:04:28 -0700, Thomas Spuhler wrote about Re: [Cooker]
>
> modular xorg:
> >>
> >> You applied also the option to start X i assume?
> >
> >Which one?
>
> In XFdrake (bottom line).

No this wasn't the issue. The system was set for kdm and kdm is broken.
xdm did not install.
I think there should be a require in xorg to istall it

after xdm installation the xdm login appeared but it doesn't accept the
password.
I installed gdm and that works fine.

1. xdm should be a require as should be xterm
2. xdm is broken
3. kdm dosn't even start, not message, but kdebase may be too old and it is
not updatable due to missing kdebase-progs ...19mdk

--

Thomas Spuhler