List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] X.org 7.0 on cooker
From:       AAW <AAW () milwpc ! com>
Date:       2006-05-19 17:31:23

On Thursday, May 18, 2006 5:39pm, Jan Ciger wrote:
> AAW wrote:
> > Same here. Should we also be running mkfontscale?
> >
> > Arn
>
> I didn't need to run that. However, after the last update I needed to
> run mkfontdir again and what is worse, it reported this:
>
> Invalid fonts.scale in 100dpi/
>
> This was reported for all font directories (that wasn't the case
> yesterday). So I had to remove all fonts.scale files and run
> mkfontdir again.

Same thing here. I deleted all fonts.{dir,scale}
under /usr/lib/X11/fonts/ then did:
for f in OTF TTF 100dpi 75dpi cyrillic misc Speedo Type1 drakfont/Type1
drakfont/ttf; do cd /usr/lib/X11/fonts/"${f}" && mkfontscale &&
mkfontdir; done; service xfs restart

That worked, but even after reading "man mkfontscale" I have no idea
whether that really adds anything to the process.

Arn