List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: Fwd: [Cooker] Mandriva kmail sucks (buggy mandriva patch)
From:       Michael Scherer <misc () mandriva ! org>
Date:       2006-05-10 17:14:48

Le Mercredi 10 Mai 2006 18:27, Rafael Garcia-Suarez a écrit :
> Andreas Hasenack wrote:

> > > Then why do you keep it in the source rpm ?
> >
> > Sometimes because that patch may be applied again in the near future, or
> > for reference for others, or for when one is not sure it should be really
> > removed.
>
> Or because it can be optionnally used in a build option, or because
> advanced users might want to rebuild the rpm from the srpm with the
> said patch.

none of this apply to current kde packages :

1) this is not a build option

2) in "near future", there is near, which doesn't seems to be the case for old
patch ( and there is a cvs for this reason )

3) so far, i have seen more user that remove mandriva patch ( such as thac,
ze, or texstar ) than people adding untested patch and surely disabled for a
very good reason ( in fact, i never seen anyone doing this for kde
packages  )

there may be good reason for one or two exceptions, but we are speaking of a
little bit more :

 [misc@virgo main] $ ls arts-*  kde* | grep -v i18n | xargs rpmlint  | grep
patch-not-applied | wc -l
190