List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] can't print from KDE
From:       "Tommaso Massimi" <tmassimi () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-03-22 9:22:26

On 3/21/06, Fabrice FACORAT <fabrice.facorat@gmail.com> wrote:> Le Mardi 21 Mars 2006 \
14:06, tom a écrit:> > Hi,> >> > I'd like to print a pdf file.> >> > When I hit the \
print botton,> > both kpdf and kghostview are showing me a little window titled> > \
"Initializing printer system" and a few seconds later I can see this> > message:> >> \
> "An error occurred while retrieving the printer list:> >> > Connection to CUPS \
> server failed. Check that the CUPS server is correctly> > installed and running. \
> Error: host not found.">> Already been said.> Please modify /etc/cups/cupsd.conf \
> and remove the line ( or comment it ) :> Listen /var/.....>> KDE doesn't support \
> some new cups 1.2 features.
correct, it works now,thanks a lot :)
It would be nice to have a wiki page where all these knownfaults&fixes are \
collected,I think it could save a lot of  your time and avoid a lot of trafficin the \
mail list...what do you think? is it already existing and I ignore it? CiaoTom