List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] scanner only work as root
From:       Dany Martineau <dany.martineau () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2005-08-31 20:57:42

Hi!

I have an Epson 1200U scanner and it used to work as any user.  But since a
few days, it only works as root (i'm using cooker current).
To make it work as user, i have to do as root these commands:
[root@localhost ~]# sane-find-scanner
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0104 [Perfection1200]) at
libusb:004:002

So i chmod a+rw /proc/bus/usb/004/002 and it work as user.

But my point is that i'm using a laptop and my scanner isn't always plugged
in.  Is there any way to have the right permissions automatically when i'm
using my scanner?  I suspect this has something to do with udev and i'm aware
that udev had many modifications in the last days....

Thanks!!

--
Dany Martineau
Enseignant math et info