List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] Mandriva 2005 RC1 x86_64 installer bug - using existing partitions with label
From:       Wang Jian <lark () linux ! net ! cn>
Date:       2005-04-11 17:12:20

Hi,

When I install MDV 2005 RC1 x86_64 over existing Fedora Core 3 x86_64
parttion, I choose to format all partitions except /home (which contains
some test programs), but keep mount points as previous.

FC3 uses "LABEL=..." in /etc/fstab. MDV installer formats /dev/sda1 (/,
also LABEL=/), and tries to mount "LABEL=/" on /mnt. Of course, because
the label is lost when formating, the mount fails, the installation
can't go on.

I have to reboot using CDROM, and this time, I must manually specify all
partition's mount point.

--
  lark