List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] New menu structure proposal
From:       Pierre Jarillon <jarillon () abul ! org>
Date:       2004-01-15 13:34:09

Le Mercredi 14 Janvier 2004 23:42, Dennis Veatch a écrit :

> > I'm obviously in the minority here, but I rather liked the menu the way
> > it has been.  By putting (pretty much) everything under 'applications',
> > it seems to add a menu level or make things more difficult to find, if
> > not both.
> > Just my two cents,
> > Michael
>
> How about Databases under Applications/Office.

IMHO, the problem is that the menu is a mix of end user and server menu.
And some applications can be used by both of them.
Then, it is necessary to show some applications in more than one menu.

Another idea:
People like to change the look & feel with themes. It would be great to do the
same with the menus. For example, some menus could be made for infographists,
gnome developpers, kde developpers,  secretary, and so on....
Of course, the default menu would be the more complete and heavy !

--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/
Vice-président de l'ABUL : http://abul.org/