List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] New menu structure proposal
From:       Marco Romeny <marco () mimecom ! net>
Date:       2004-01-14 14:43:57

Goetz Waschk wrote:

>Am Mi 14 Jan 2004 15:01:50 GMT schrieb Marco Romeny:
>

>>- CD Burning (Should be CD/DVD btw.) is hardly its own category,
>>but rather fits under Media/ , System/Archiving/, System/Backup/
>>

>I disagree, I think it's rather a typical important task for a desktop
>user, it shouldn't be hidden in Backup/CD Burning.

Isn't System/CD Burning quite hidden?
System/ is where support goes, or teccies, but my mom would not dare
to even open that menu - or even my fairly techsavvy wife.

>>- Multimedia -> Media would be an improvement.
>>

>I don't think so, most people understand the term multimedia as
>audio/video, ... but think of Media has the press, etc. Also, the
>installation CDs, are called "medias" in rpmdrake/urpmi.

Ok, I can agree with that, but 'Multimedia' is such an... ugly,
outdated, long word for
wathing DVD's or listening to music. Maybe rename it to 'Music & Video'
would do it.

Btw, shouldn't medias in rpmdrake be called mediums? I might have gotten
it completely
wrong though.
'What medium would you like to use to install....?'  - 'CD' or 'FTP'....