List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] kernel-2.6-test8 rpms
From:       "Svetoslav Slavtchev" <svetljo () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-10-31 10:46:46

> > > apparently not. I guess James Simmons may be interested :) BTW have
> you
> > > tried
> >
> > actually on second look it's a bit later,
> > the last line is :
> > "Freeing unused kernel memory:272k freed"
> >
> > could it be related to the initrd.c removal ?
> >

> unlikely. they simply replaced access to initrd image via block device
> by direct copying of the initrd memory area into file on rootfs.
>
> Do you mean that using the same setup test9 stops logging to console and
> previous kernels not?

i haven't tried for a long time

it's probably a user error :(
if i stop syslogd serial console comes back,
so it's either missconfiguration,
or some problem between your initscripts package mdk9.1 sysklogd

> > > his patch for framebuffer posted recently?
> > >
> > > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106684416700002&r=1&w=2&n=9
> >
> > the last one i didn't, i've tried several prevous version & fbdev bk's
> > but no luck
> >

> oh well. I guess he can be interested in this too :)

i'll try latest patch and will mail him,
i just found smth interesting

rivafb is reporting NV20
while lspci reports NV17

svetljo