List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] When can we finally get X to fall back to XFdrake??
From:       Robert L Martin <robertlmarti () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2003-10-31 3:06:46

Greg Meyer wrote:

>I think Buchan's point is that if one tries to start X and it fails, XFdrake
>should be launched automatically to try and help the user fix the problem.

how about this in the init 3 scripts have one that pipes "X start
%datetime%" or something to /var/log/Xmark then at
 some point during each of the WM load (when it does do so) remove the
file (this signals that X did in fact start)
Then in the init 1 scripts have a script check for Xmark and START
XFdrake (perhaps with a message like
"Xwindows seems to have failed to start please press Y within # seconds
to reconfigure Xwindows")