List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] urpmi suggestions, based on recent perl upgrade experiences
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2003-05-14 7:04:53

On Tue 13 May 2003 09:30, Olivier Thauvin posted as excerpted below:
> If you take a look to http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon you'll see there are
> both rsync and ftp entry for some server...

Yes.  That in fact is where I got the rsync info I am using now.  The problem
is that the rsync root entry point isn't necessarily the ftp root entry
point, so the paths differ, and I can't take the rsync path from urpmi and
plug it directly into the ftp client I am using for the manual download.  I
have to either remember the path differences and work the correction putting
it in the ftp client, or I have to navigate from ftp root a level at a time
until I find the part of the path that's the same.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin