List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] rebuild an initrd under rescue cdrom
From:       Pascal <pascalc6 () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2003-04-02 22:47:23

Le Mercredi 2 Avril 2003 16:35, Guillaume Cottenceau a écrit :
> Pascal Cavy <pascal@vmfacility.fr> writes:
> > If this is true, then that was my problem on rescue mode. And that is
> > why, Guillaume,  an new rescue menu entry to rebuild a kernel initrd
> > would be a plus in case someone has destroyed or corrupted it. (nothing
> > to do with mdk installation here, just a new recovery tool)
>

> I don't think the case happens enough for deserving a menu entry
> (I already said so, I think).

if what you say was true, a menu entry would be necessary for stuff that
happen so often that we already know by heart what to type to rescue the
situation... and so no menu entry is required   which leads to a
contradiction, thus the proposition is not true...... lol

dont worry  I am just back seeing Bedos at la Cigale...

--
Pascal
Running 14:58,  5 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.11, 0.14