List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] New KDM
From:       Shift <shift () free ! fr>
Date:       2003-02-02 2:16:37

Le Dimanche 2 Février 2003 02:46, Gregory a écrit :
> I really don't like the new KDM.  How do I change the default login
> manager.  I cannot find the config file that the choice is buried in.  I
> thought the login manager was called in inittab.  It seems to have ben
> changed to some other place in the depths of the system.  You might even
> thnk it was in /etc/sysconfig, but I don't see it.
>
> Anybody know?
>
> /g

> Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

There is no new DM. It is Mandrake who modifie kdm :(
Why ? We don't know for now

Moreover to change the DM used it is in /etc/sysconfig/desktop.
Just change the line : "DISPLAYMANAGER=kdm" by "DISPLAYMANAGER=gdm" for
example.
To know how it's work, I recomment you to look at the script /etc/X11/prefdm
It is (was*) launched by /etc/inittab with this line :
x:5:respawn:/etc/X11/prefdm -nodaemon

* Now dm is a service so the launched of prefdm is in /etc/init.d/dm

To Mandrake Team : PLEASE. SEPARATE DRAKDM IN A SEPARATE PACKAGE AND BRING US
BACK THE ORIGINAL KDM.

Thanks

Shift