List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] KDE musings...
From:       Gary Greene <rei () tabris ! net>
Date:       2002-11-06 6:32:01

On Wednesday 06 November 2002 12:59 am, Edward Cherlin wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 November 2002 01:11 am, Gary Greene wrote:

> > > No, it's still there in /usr/bin/kcontrol. I can also get to it from
> > > the K menu via the path Configuration-KDE-Information-<list>. MenuDrake
> > > doesn't show a command for Information, but does show the various
> > > commands it calls, such as 'kcmshell memory' for memory.
> >
> > This is incorrect.
>
> It is correct for my system running stock Mandrake 9.0 final. I can access
> the Information panel, and I can run the modules.
>
> > I use the KDE default menus NOT the debian menus that
> > mdk uses for a unified menu system.
>
> It would be helpful if you stated what version of Mandrake and KDE you were
> using when asking what happened to a piece of software.

Therein lies the problem. I update to the newest stuff as it gets put on the
Cooker server. I've been running KDE3.1 (b2, rc1, now rc2) since it was on
the web.

> > I spoke with a few of the core
> > develpers from the KDE project, this is what I found out... In KDE3.1 rc1
>
> Finally I understand the source of confusion. I'm running KDE 3.0.3.

On the cooker list and haven't updated KDE?

> > the information section was moved out of the Control Centre and presented
> > as kinfocenter. Unfortunately for us using mdk's kde rpms, kinfocenter
> > isn't stripped out for the packaging. It's configuration files in
> > /usr/share/ are there but not the binary for /usr/bin.
>
> Thanks for the warning.

No problem. I'm just hoping that Laurent can get it fixed soon :)

- --
Gary Greene

Sent from seele.gvsu.edu
 01:21:31  up 2 days, 21:13,  4 users,  load average: 1.43, 1.37, 1.37

Founder and president of GVLUG.
Chairman and Project Lead of the E-media Committee of AltReal.
PHONE : 331-0562
EMAIL : rei@tabris.net
        greeneg@student.gvsu.edu