List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] Attempting to install 9.0 All Betas since 3 and ALL 3 RC's and final / 9.0 BETA - Bug repor
From:       Alan Shoemaker <alans () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 22:30:30

mandrakeexpert incident 32783 forwarded to cooker.

when replying, please cc this email address:
james@opencountry.org

----quoted text below----

 nightwriter : 24/09 10:21 : Incident created
Attempting to install 9.0 on the following

VIA Mini-ITX motherboard.

CPU VIA CPU3

Chipset VIA

All Betas since 3 and ALL 3 RC's fail at exactly the same
point. Cannot install XFree86-4.2.x .... Same disks used to
install on other boxes install without a hitch. If I attempt
to go on the install will continue untill it gets to the
point of listing services it finds none automaically goes on
shuts down the install as if it were successful, and leaves a
box with no MBR installed NO lilo installed and of course no
XFree86. All Disks MD5 ok all rpms are tested with rpm -K
--nogpg | grep NOT and none of them fail. Same disks are able
to install on two other tests boxes without a problem. (I can
even use the same HDD and CDROM on the other boxes ... works
fine.) Error is 100% repeatable on all versions of 9.0 since
beta3 and it always goes exactly the same way.

The following distros do install on this hardware.

MDK 8.0 8.1 and 8.2
RH 7.2 and 7.3
SuSe 8.0

alans : 25/09 06:07 : Reply received
sorry, the beta cycle for 9.0 is over.

nightwriter : 28/09 11:40 : More info provided
Ok... then can I also mention the fact that it doesn't work in
the release version either?

-----end quoted text-----

--
Alan