List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [ben@reser.org: [Cooker] XPM icons and the howto...]
From:       Todd Lyons <tlyons () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 19:00:13

Guillaume Rousse wrote on Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 10:26:30AM +0200 :

> Here is a more extensive list of what i would like to be included in MDK
> HOWTO:
> -exaustive list of high-levels macros (hig-level means %make_install_std, not
> %_bunzip), with mention of which one are mdk specific

My gut reaction was "Just read /usr/lib/rpm/macros", but then again,
that's because I've had to do that to figure some things out.  At the
very least, a sentence or two that says:
  Mandrake has added some macros to the standard set of macros defined
  for rpm building.  Please look at the the file where they are defined
  in /usr/lib/rpm/macros and it should become apparent which ones
  Mandrake has added.

It could possibly be more detailed, but when it comes to building rpms,
you would not expect to have to hold someone's hand outside of the
Newbie list.

> - details about some internal mdk setup, such as the autoconf wrapper
> - corrections about %ghost macro (maybe already done, i didn't checked)
> - some tips'n'trick about commonly found situations and their usual
> solutions, such as the dreaded "libtool: unrecognized option
> `--tag=CXX'" problem, or " libGLcore.so.1 requirement for nvidia
> buildhost", to help us poor mortals triumph of rpm pitfalls

:) I think those are decent suggestions too.

Blue skies...			Todd
--
...and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious
 anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my binaries, and you