List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] RealTek 8139 driver bad in rc3 (and maybe rc2, / 9.0 BETA - Bug report / Networking
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () ij ! net>
Date:       2002-09-20 23:19:58

Alan Shoemaker wrote:

> mandrakeexpert incident 32401 forwarded to cooker.

>  rountree : 20/09 12:48 : Incident created     Test system is
> a Shuttle Spacewalker SS40 with integrated ReakTek 8139
> ethernet. Identical installations with 8.2 and 9.0rc3 using dhcp. 8.2
> works as expected, 9.0rc3 times out on boot trying to bring up eth0. The
> security setting for both is "Standard".

> I've been playing with static IP addresses and the paranoid security setting
> with rc2, and I'm pretty sure the problem exists there as well, although I
> haven't done a specific test to isolate it.

> Driver is 8139too, is shown by lsmod, and uses mii.

I've been doing NFS installs from an 8139 equipped machine to an 8139
equipped machine. I wish everything else worked so well as the
networking.
--
". . . . in everything, do to others what you would have them do
to you . . . ."                                        Matthew 7:12 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/