List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] couple of problems with RC1
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () ij ! net>
Date:       2002-09-06 4:49:55

Texstar wrote:

> Updated RC-1 with cooker updates today and Gnome2 is very slow to launch
> and even slower at launching applications. Evolution takes a good minute
> to get the main screen. Anyone else having this issue or can give me
> something to look at to find what could be causing it to be so slow?

KDE is anything but speedy. Between the time I enter my X password and
the time the KDE splash starts I can catch a nap, then another of
roughly equal length waiting on the splash/initialization to complete.
--
". . . . in everything, do to others what you would have them do
to you . . . ."                                        Matthew 7:12 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/