List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] Does Noatun work for you?
From:       Andreas Simon <yuipx () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-08-09 18:36:40

On Wednesday 07 August 2002 16:09, Mattias Dahlberg wrote:
> Am I the only one who gets the old
> aRts-crashes-as-soon-as-I-start-Noatun syndrome when using Cooker?

I compile regulary KDE snapshots from CVS head on Cooker
and get the same error. Maybe some compiler bug (gcc3 had problems
with arts before)?

On an old Gentoo box (which is no longer) with vanilla gcc 3.1 I had
the same noatun-crashes-artsd-on-startup bug if I compiled
kdemultimedia with "-O3". But if I compiled kdemultimedia with "-O2"
on this box, Noatun and artsd worked fine. Sadly I had no such luck
when trying to compile kdemultimedia with "-O2" instead of "-O3" on
Cooker.

I found two bug reports with the same syntome in bugs.kde.org:
http://bugs.kde.org/db/41/41027.html
http://bugs.kde.org/db/42/42751.html

Both are closed. The first was caused by a gcc bug in Debian's gcc,
the second by two parallel installed arts daemons. On my Cooker box I
can exclude the second case -- I have only one arts installed.

Cheers,
Andreas