List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] Suggestion for application to pick up in the cooker
From:       Ben Reser <ben () reser ! org>
Date:       2002-06-29 18:12:49

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 03:27:22PM +0200, Henrik (Mauritz) Johnson wrote:
> I would like to suggest picking up the application tora in Mandrake. I
> know it is a shameless plug since I'm the author, but it is already in
> RedHat and will be in Debian Woody and Gentoo (And I think one of
> Turbolinux database offerings) and also featured on SuSE:s website even
> though it is not in the actual distribution (I think at least, not much
> up to date). It is a pluginbased database developer application with
> support for Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL as well as limited support for
> whatever database support is compiled into Qt3. This is the first time I
> am soliciting this kind of inclusion myself only because I think it
> would be nice to have it in my own distribution of choice now that most
> others have picked it up. There should be minimal effort packaging it
> since as I said it is developed on Mandrake Linux 8.2 and specfiles are
> available, the only addition should be the mandrake menu system, I had
> that too in earlier versions but dropped it since it as not very
> portable. If you decide to pick it up I would recommend grabbing the
> development releases since those are the only ones with support for
> PostgreSQL (Version 1.3.5.1 as of this writing).

You'd probably be the best person to maintain it.  So make an RPM for it
for mandrake and then upload the SRPM as per the documentation here:
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/howtos/mdk-rpm/send.html

--
Ben Reser <ben@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

We tend to see all wars through the lens of the current conflict, and we
mine history for lessons convenient to the present purpose.
- Brian Hayes