List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] Problem with r128 driver
From:       Charles A Edwards <eslrahc () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       2002-06-28 17:13:02

Just passing along I problem I encountered and wondering if anyone else
has seen or heard of it.

The system is a 800Mgz Duron--384MB ram--Xpert 2000 (rage128) vid
card--17" ViewSonic EF70 monitor.

The problem:
Running the system 24/7 using the r128 driver once the system has been
in suspend/sleep mode for longer than 30min-1hr it will not come out.
Monitor is working properly but there is no response to any keyboard or
mouse activity just a totally black screen.
Result is same irregardless of WM being used.
The only way to come out is a hard reset.

I switched to ati driver and system has been up 3 days with no similar
problem.

   Charles

There's something the technicians need to learn from the artists.
If it isn't aesthetically pleasing, it's probably wrong.