List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] evolution broken and fixed
From:       "Liam R. E. Quin" <liam () holoweb ! net>
Date:       2002-04-29 20:36:46

On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 16:14, Ryan T. Sammartino wrote:

> You didn't happen to reboot, did you?
>
> If you did, that might have wiped out /tmp, which is what I have to do
> whenever evolution goes wonky.

I rebooted several times.  Actually I also rebooted with a newer kernel,
then switched back.

And yes, I tried oaf-slay, and also runing "wombat" from the command
line (it didn't die), and removing stuff in /tmp.

Upgrading the kde sound package forced me to upgrade several other
packages (althuogh the dependency on libasound made it complicated).

> The "arts" thing might be a red herring.

yes, it might.  If it stops working again I'll report in much more
detail; I do still have the result of running strace evolution, but
it's not very enlightening, except that it looks like it had an error
opening a sound device, which is what prompted me to try the upgrade.

Liam