List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] PGAccess 0.98.7 fix (yet again) for long-standing problem
From:       Digital Wokan <wokan () cox ! net>
Date:       2002-03-31 17:13:53

I am absolutely floored that this bug still exists.  I submitted a fix
for the apostrophe insertion problem back around Mandrake 8.0 and the
cooker for 8.1 and I'm still forced to fix this thing myself every time
I update my PostgreSQL RPMs.

File: /usr/share/pgsql/pgaccess/lib/tables.tcl
Lines 546-549...
lappend PgAcVar(mw,$wn,newrec_fields) "\"$fld\""
regsub -all {'} $fldval '' fldvalfixed
lappend PgAcVar(mw,$wn,newrec_values) '$fldvalfixed'
# Remove the untouched tag from the object

Line 547 (regsub...) is inserted in the original program to fix a
problem with using apostrophes when entering a new record to a table.
Line 548 is altered to enter this fixed value into the PGSQL server
without affecting the appearance of the user's entry in the GUI.