List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] MDK 8.2 and StarOffice 6
From:       gandalf <Vapula () linuxbe ! org>
Date:       2002-03-30 13:32:58

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 11:12, Frederic Bastok wrote:

> StarOffice 6 final will be available in PowerPack and Prosuite without any
> additionnal costs. This is the full version in 5 languages.
> In the next days, you should hear about another way to get StarOffice from
> Mandrake (final and full version). Wait & see Mandrake's PR.
> Of course, I won't (and nobody will at Mandrake) answer any questions
> regarding the agreement with SUN to distribute it or comments rumors like "Is
> SUN buying Mandrake" ? Perhaps it is true, perhaps it is wrong ? :-)

Anyway, it's SUNs interest to have as many people as possible using
StarOffice... After all, they are fighting the Big Microsoft Giant...
And having it licensed to Linux distributors for inclusion in boxed
distribution is a good thing for both (Sun and Linux company). It's
using Linux market to infiltrate Windows Market (for places where both
enviroments are in use).

--
		Denis Moreaux

ICQ#	2012432		    	E-Mail:	vapula@linuxbe.org