List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] Install 20020228 Cooker on Notebook
From:       Robert.Fox () t-online ! de (Robert Fox)
Date:       2002-02-28 23:33:04

Attached are the repport.bug and /var/messages

Install went beautifully

Sound worked first go - but failed every reboot after (see logs)

Strange new (double) floppy icons for my LS-120 drive

/etc/hosts still doesn't reflect the hostname (as automatically found
during install) therefore squid complains.  As soon as I add the entry
for the (dchp) address for the machine in the hosts file - squid is
happy

I found if I manually set the boot with frambuffer support then the
boot-splash finally works (but not by default)  -  Your average user may
not know they have to manually activate the framebuffer.

This release is really going to kick some booty!

Cheers,
R.Fox