List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] slocate suggestion
From:       Frederik Himpe <fhimpe () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2002-02-05 20:06:53

Hi,

Could the slocate cronscript in /etc/cron.daily/slocate.cron be changed
to exclude directories in /mnt:
#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/slocate -c -u -e /mnt

This will stop many complaints from people asking why there hard drive
is trashing and slowing down the system just after they boot to
Mandrake. There aren't many people who need to have their
non-linuxpartitions indexed, and the ones who do, will know how to
change this.
The script now runs many times faster on my machine with /mnt excluded,
now only indexing my reiserfs and jfs partitions.

Frederik