List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] xmms-1.2.6-2mdk: mp3s skip like vinyl!
From:       Chuck Shirley <cshirley () smart ! net>
Date:       2002-01-31 21:22:29

I never got a changelog for this version (most recent I have is
for -1mdk) but here are my sysmptoms:

plays mp3s, but "skipps" from time to time.  Probably once per
track, perhaps more.  Enough to be annoying.  I don't know for
certain that it is xmms, it may be the sound subsystem itself my
system has onboard sound: C-Media CM8738

kernel ver. is 2.4.17-12mdkenterprise

I haven't installed -13mdk* yet.  I am not sure how to diagnose,
but if someone provides instruction, I will follow them.  I have
not seen anything reflecting this problem in the kernel messages
(at least not the ones on would be vc/12)

--
*Chuck*