On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 04:17, Yves Duret wrote: > Frederik Himpe writes: > > > Hi, > > > > I just configured my SCSI adapter (old AVA1505 ISA card), to use my > > scanner. Now sane-find-scanner does find it: > > > > [root@Jupiter dev]# sane-find-scanner > > # Note that sane-find-scanner will find any scanner that is connected > > # to a SCSI bus and some scanners that are connected to the Universal > > # Serial Bus (USB) depending on your OS. It will even find scanners > > # that are not supported at all by SANE. It won't find a scanner that > > # is connected to a parallel or proprietary port. > > > > sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner "AGFA SNAPSCAN 1236 1.20" at > > device /dev/sg1 > > [root@Jupiter dev]# ll /dev/sg1 > > lr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 36 Jan 21 18:01 /dev/sg1 -> > > scsi/host1/bus0/target2/lun0/generic > > > > But when running scanimage or xsane, it says it can't find a scanner, > > and I should make sure the scanner is detected by sane-find-scanner. > > Could this be a devfs problem, or something wrong with sane? Are there > > others who can use their scanner? > > what is in your /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf ? > edit it and put /dev/sg1 and remove all the other line beginning bu /dev/xxxx Thank you, now it works perfectly. In /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf was /dev/sga, I changed it to /dev/sg1. I was a bit surprised to read that there was a configuration file to edit, in Mandrake 8 it suffised to configure the SCSI-card and install sane. Frederik