List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] scanner does not work: problem with sane or devfs?
From:       <hprommer () web ! de>
Date:       2002-01-22 0:04:03

Hi,

I had the same problem with my SNAPSCAN 1236s, the solution was to edit
/etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf and replace '/dev/scanner' (or whatever is in
there) through the proper device ( /dev/sg1 in your case ).

Another hint to make recognition faster with xscanimage/xsane/kooka:
DISABLE all backends in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf you don't need! So obviously
you'll need 'snapscan' and maybe 'net' if you want to work with 'saned'. If
you don't have any other type of scanner, that's enough.

So I hope it works for you too!

Good luck,

Heinz