List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] Euro =?windows-1251?Q?=28=88=29?= in KDE 2.2.2
From:       Frederik Himpe <fhimpe () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2001-12-27 18:25:25

On Thu, 2001-12-27 at 09:00, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I realize that this might be a configuration issue on my side and thus
> off-topic.  If that's the case, I'd like to appologize.
>
> How do I get the ¤ (Euro) character to work in KDE 2.2.2?
>
> I'd like to be able to press AltGr+e to get the Euro key, since this is
> the standard to get it.  This works fine in Gnome (most of the time) and
> on the console.
>
> In the KDE control center, I've set the fonts to iso-8859-15 and also in
> the applications I need Euro support in (ie. Konsole (KDE term), Kword,
> Konqueror).  However, when I press AltGr+e in KDE apps, I only get a ?
> (question mark).

Same here, always a question mark in KDE. My configuration:
[frederik@Jupiter frederik]$ locale
LANG=en
LC_CTYPE=en_BE@euro
LC_NUMERIC=en_BE@euro
LC_TIME=en_BE@euro
LC_COLLATE=en_BE@euro
LC_MONETARY=en_BE@euro
LC_MESSAGES=en_BE@euro
LC_PAPER="en"
LC_NAME="en"
LC_ADDRESS="en"
LC_TELEPHONE="en"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en"
LC_ALL=

And set to ISO-8859-15 in kcontrol.

Euro works in Evolution (¤) mail client, but in Pan I get that strange
sign which looks like a square with a diagonal line at each of the 4
corners.

And although I don't get a euro sign when pressing Alt-GR+E in a KDE
application, Konqueror renders the euro signs on the Mandrake homepage
perfectly.

Euro and Linux is not yet a perfect combination, it seems :-(

Frederik