List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] gkrellm - no sensors display (not really cooker,    me
From:       Greg Sarsons <gsarsons () home ! com>
Date:       2001-09-30 22:34:29

Peter Ruskin wrote:

> On Sunday 30 September 2001 21:50, Greg Sarsons wrote:
> > Peter Ruskin wrote:

> > > You have to have lm-utils installed, then run sensors-detect as root.
> > > Once you have sensors detected and configured, reboot, then right-click
> > > on gkrellm and configure.
> >
> > Unfortunately, that is what I did.  Installed lm_utils, then ran
> > sensors-detect and tried to configure gkrellm.  No fan, no nothing.  Now
> > again try it as -demo and it works.  Unfortunately, I can't save the
> > data so every time I restart I have to config gkrellm.
> >
> > Greg
>
> I don't understand that.  When you run sensors in a console, does that
> display the values?  If not, look at /etc/sensors.conf (I think it's
> called).
> --

hmmm ... nope the values are not there.  Then where is the fan speed and
temp gkrellm is getting while in demo mode coming from.

Greg
["sensors.out.txt" (text/plain)]

max1617-i2c-0-18
Adapter: SMBus vt82c596 adapter at 5000
Algorithm: Non-I2C SMBus adapter
temp:         +0°C  (min =   +4°C, max =   +0°C)
remote_temp:
              +0°C  (min =   +0°C, max =  +60°C)ALARM (N/A)

eeprom-i2c-0-51
Adapter: SMBus vt82c596 adapter at 5000
Algorithm: Non-I2C SMBus adapter
Memory type:            SDRAM DIMM SPD