List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] FAT32 drivers mounted as read-only...
From:       Fabrice FACORAT <f.faber () netcourrier ! com>
Date:       2001-09-30 19:42:22

Le Dimanche 30 Septembre 2001 20:57, Jeremy scribit :
> Hi Guys, i would like to know why all my fat32 drives are mounted as
> read-only in mandrake 8.1 ? Only root can write to it. I tried setting
> the file permissions but it doesn't work, Any ideas why ?

really fat32 and not NTFS ? are they correct ?
change the fstab entry. I think you know how to do it ?

[will@bastard will]$ grep /mnt/windows /etc/fstab
/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows vfat iocharset=iso8859-15,umask=0,nosuid,user,exec,auto,codepage=850,nodev 0 0

> there is another problem that i found. Why is my SBLive detected as a
> Sigmatel STAC9721/23 ? it seems to be using the ac97 codec and i lost
> the options to set the treble and bass. The sound works find thougn and
> all emu10k1 modules are loaded by default. Any idea ?

It's because of the new emu10k1 drivers.
emu10k1-tools-0.9.2-3mdk
http://opensource.creative.com/dist.html
http://opensource.creative.com/docs.html

--