List:       majordomo-workers
Subject:    Re: Default variable settings
From:       Russ Allbery <rra () stanford ! edu>
Date:       1999-03-23 23:24:12

Jason L Tibbitts <tibbs@math.uh.edu> writes:

> Yes, currently.  I'm thinking about an alternate method.  (Although I
> find it odd that I've never seen anyone ever ask to do this to
> Majordomo1 and yet it seems to be everyone's required feature for
> Majordomo2.)

Part of that may be because I "implemented" default values for list
configurations in Majordomo 1 by just cp'ing the list.config file to
newlist.config and editing it.  Seemed harder to do that in MJ2 (and sort
of goes against the philosophy of doing things through majordomo).

--
Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)         <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>