List:       majordomo-workers
Subject:    Re: mj2 + postfix
From:       Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs () math ! uh ! edu>
Date:       1999-03-02 6:11:11

BS> I'm not seeing the same problem on a freshly pulled copy from CVS with
BS> postfix beta-19990122-pl01.

I committed my guess at a fix, but it was early in the morning and it
probably didn't really do anything.  I.e. I don't think

  s/^From .*?\r?\n//;

is any different from

  s/^From .*?\n//;

(My guess was that it had something to do with line endings, but that was
sort of a random guess and I was mostly asleep.)  Thomas mentioned that
there was a problem with his platform requiring wrappers, too, or that
something changed when wrappers were turned on.  I'm still not sure what
the root cause was, or how wrappers could have anything to do with this.

BS> I am see duplicate Delivered-To: headers, though, one for the list
BS> which should probably be scrubbed out and one for the local delivery.

I recall you asked me to default to removing these.  I have done that now
although I don't know why I didn't do it earlier.  I recall there were
others; I'll look back for the message.

BS> Postfix defaults to this, but the character is changable in the config
BS> file.

Argh.  (Well, the same goes for Sendmail, too, but nobody changes it.
Probably because there about six people on the planet who understand how.)
If this is a problem in practice I'll come up with a way to make it
configurable.

 - J<