List:       majordomo-workers
Subject:    Re: Header problems
From:       Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs () math ! uh ! edu>
Date:       1999-01-21 20:56:05

BP> I get a Date and From then the whole proper message
BP> inside the body.

That's odd; it looks as if there's a problem with a blank line somewhere
(because one blank line is all that separates the header from the body),
perhaps before the headers start.

If could see the complete set of debug info for this (so that I could see
the SMTP trace) it would help a lot.  Can you run a zubscribe command using
the shell interface and give the -D (for Debug) option, then send me the
output?  Try something like this:

mj_shell -D -p password subscribe listname address > outfile 2>&1

or whatever your shell needs to direct standard out and standard error to a
file.  Then mail me 'outfile'.

BP> I use exim and RedHat 5.0.

It may be something uncovered by exim; I don't test with it (yet).

BP> Anotehr question: Is there any way to use the $SEQNUM variable in the
BP> body/header/footer of a message?

You can use $SEQNUM in message_headers; I haven't made it work in the
fronters and footers although this is pretty easy for me to do.

 - J<