List:       majordomo-workers
Subject:    Token issues
From:       rms39 () columbia ! edu (Russell Steinthal)
Date:       1998-11-30 21:37:50

Jason et al:

First, let me say that a few weeks into running my first production lists on a
Majordomo2 test server, I'm very pleased with the tokenized approval support-
it makes moderating almost effortless.

I have, however, noticed two things which would be nice improvements, if
possible:

1. When a delayed command is executed, the user gets a message informing
him/her of that fact, which is good.  But would it be possible to include the
Subject: line (and/or Date:) of the original message in the confirmation?
When I've sent multiple messages to the list, I'd like to know which one was
approved, and which wasn't.  (In my case, it's moot since I was both the
moderator and the poster, but others would certainly benefit...)

2. Two of my test lists are designed to run in parallel, with one being a
low-volume announcement list and the other a general discussion list to
complement it.  I recently rejected a submission to the announcement list, on
the ground that it wasn't (IMO) sufficiently important to justify posting to
the low-volume list; I then manually forwarded it to the general discussion
list.  This raises two issues, I think:

a. Can I insert a moderator's comment at the beginning of an approved message
using the token system?  I believe Jason has addressed this earlier, but I've
forgotten the details offhand: do I just include the token in the approved
line?

b. Would it be possible to allow a third option, besides accept/reject, to
redirect a message to another list (and have it routed through the appropriate
access_rules checks, etc. on the second list)?  I know that some people have
policy objections to redirecting messages to mailing lists other than the one
the sender specifically requested, but in this case, at least, I had the
explicit permission of the sender (who knew that the message would be stopped
for moderation and included a note asking me to redirect it to the appropriate
list).  Is this just too specific a case, where I'm moderating two
complementary lists, and therefore not worthy of effort/code?  (If so, maybe
I'll just add it to my list of things to do at some point...  Until then,
manual forwarding works.)

Keep up the good work, Jason...

-Russell

--