List:       majordomo-workers
Subject:    Re: Mj2 now maintains your aliases
From:       Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs () hpc ! uh ! edu>
Date:       1998-11-09 23:13:57

>>>>> "DH" == Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org> writes:

[virtusertable]
DH> Hrm. Why did you pick that file?

I don't understand.  Isn't that what sendmail calls it?  I have this in my
default sendmail.cf:

# Virtual user table (maps incoming users)
#Kvirtuser dbm /etc/virtusertable

I don't use any of this stuff, so I'm just going on what other folks are
telling me they need.

[Sendmail perms]
DH> Whatever they are, they are strict you can be sure.

The problem is that people tell me that things work just fine with the
latest ultra-strict Sendmail versions and no DontBlameSendmail settings,
while others report that it doesn't work.

DH> On another note, why would majordomo not be storing archives?

Either archive_dir must be set or /public/files/archive must exist.  (I'm
not sure if the behavior is sane if it's a symlink, although I think it
should be OK.)  Archives should start to accumulate after that.  If they
don't, turn up debugging and let me see the logs from mj_resend when a
message goes through.

 - J<