List:       majordomo-workers
Subject:    Re: Majordomo Web Interface
From:       ckk () uchicago ! edu
Date:       1996-04-26 19:51:43

Actually a more useful tool might be something for a remote account
administrator to establish a new list on the server host. This could be
generalized, to allow changing some list parameters I guess (but then you have
to deal with version-specific locking and config file parsing, as John
Orthoefer points out).

I am probably going to further automate our list creation procedure (maybe a
Java GUI plus a backend) and I will contribute it when it is ready.

Currently we have a "buildaliases" script which reads a "lists.attributes"
file and spits out a new copy of /etc/aliases with all the aliases for each
list in the lists.attributes file, but the other aspects of list creation have
to be done manually by someone as root.

Actually I will send in a copy of my current "buildaliases" Perl script after
this message.

Chris Koenigsberg