List:       majordomo-workers
Subject:    Re: Internet Access Patch
From:       Chan Wilson <cwilson () splut ! neu ! sgi ! com>
Date:       1996-04-19 0:14:45

> In 1.92 one of the to-do's is a patch to verify the address
> of the person sending mail to majordomo or a list and to
> verify that the user (or all users in a domain) is
> 'allowed in'.
>
> In essence this would be used to prevent unwanted 'probes'
> and mailbombs from outside my 'domain'.

How does one verify an address?

I think what you want is covered with the morass of

	'private_get',		'yes', # must be on list to use get
        'private_index',	'no', # must be on list to use index
        'private_who',		'no', # must be on list to use who
        'private_which',	'no', # must be on list to use which
        'private_info',		'no', # must be on list to use info
        'private_intro',	'yes', # must be on list to use intro
        'advertise',		'', # if regexp matches address show list
        'noadvertise',		'', # if regexp matches address don't show list

list configuration options....

--Chan