List:       majordomo-workers
Subject:    config-test.0 patch
From:       Daniel Liston <dliston () sonny ! org>
Date:       2002-08-20 3:38:52

I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth on the config-test.0
patch.  I like it, it is very simple, but I disagree with
the " - should be 777" portion of the very first change.

If you are running sendmail 8.9.3 or newer, the 777
permission on the lists directory will prevent you from
distributing mail to the aliases with :include: on the
RightHandSide.  755 is about as loose as you dare to go.
If you are security conscious, 751 would be even better.

Dan Liston