List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: path installation problems
From:       Dan Liston <dliston () netscape ! com>
Date:       2001-02-28 8:09:39

If you want to try to patch a file by hand, you can read the patch file in one
window and do the editing in another.  The first two lines of the file refer to
the files used to create the patch (or diff) file.  In this case, config_parse.pl.
(modified) and a copy of the original file, config_parse.pl.orig.

Next, is a separator line, the line numbers of the original file followed by new
line numbers related to the changed file.  This is good only as a starting
reference when dealing with already modified files.  You can use the next three
lines to confirm location when you find an "exact" match.  Lines with - signs are
removed and lines with + signs are added.  Lastly, there are three more lines of
unmodified text to verify you are in the right location.

If this makes you uncomfortable in any way, do not attempt hand patching the code.
If you are the adventurous type, make sure to keep working backups.

*** config_parse.pl.orig        Fri Jan  7 06:00:26 2000
--- config_parse.pl     Sun Jun  4 05:12:35 2000
***************
*** 130,135 ****
--- 130,138 ----
        'subject_prefix',       '',   # prefix for the subject line
        'taboo_headers',        '',   # if a header matches, review message
        'taboo_body',           '',   # if body matches, review message
+         'non_member_bounce',
"\001sender\001sender-owner\001#!\$default_non_member_bounce ?
\$default_non_member_bounce : ''",
+                                       # non_member_bounce is sent to
+
  # stuff for digest below
        'digest_volume',        '1',
        'digest_issue',         '1',
[snip]
above pasted only for visual effect and is not the complete file.

Dan Liston

davea@tecnet1.jcte.jcs.mil wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I have majordomo 1.94.5 on a Solaris 2.6 box.  I downloaded a number of
> patches from ftp.ccsf.org/majordomo-patches/1.94.5/majordomo.pl.  Most of
> the patch installations went well.  But two of them are giving me fits.
> I'm not a perl person yet,  but, this majordomo is making me a fast learner.
> Can someone explain what is going on with these patches and possible work arounds?
I believe I know what needs to be done, I just need some clarification.