List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Preventing mail loop
From:       Todd Lyons <todd () mrball ! net>
Date:       2001-01-31 18:35:57

I happened to be online when a mail loop began.  Using (example) testlist,
a bounce occurred to user todd@testdomain.com due to a full mailbox.
Unfortunately, this user is also in the alias for testlist-owner, which the
bounce goes to.  So it begins a mail loop.

I have this sort of loop taken care of in the regular list, but am unsure
where to start since this error message occurs before the regular (X-
BeenThere) Taboo header gets checked.  I'm not looking for some step by
step explanation, just a pointer to the necessary files or documentation
and a word or two about what theory I'm supposed to be using to prevent
this.

Blue skies...		Cannonball  	http://www.mrball.net
*    One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them       *
* One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them *
				Sauron