List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: duplicate messages
From:       "D. Liston" <dliston () netscape ! com>
Date:       2001-01-27 2:57:13

Sorry John, I should have explained.  I have been on this list so long
that I forget newbies still show up and need to be brought up to speed.

Sendmail (version 8.9.3 anyway) will advertise the -outgoing alias in
the "Received: " headers it adds to messages if you do not make each
address appear to be addressed to multiple recipients.  Using the
nobody address (which should have an alias to /dev/null), fulfills
that requirement without actually sending the message anywhere else.

Example aliases for the ,nobody
test: "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper resend -l test test-list,nobody"

Dan Liston