List:       majordomo-users
Subject:    Re: A minor annoyance - need help please
From:       Dan Liston <dliston () netscape ! com>
Date:       2000-12-29 4:42:04

Your problem poses two questions.  Why is this person's header
so long?  What options are available to get this person's posts
into the list?

If the post has to go through more than half a dozen hops to
get to the list, the headers could be legitimately large.  This
can be reduced by pointing his SMTP outgoing host directly to
your majordomo host as long as there are not firewalls or other
obstacles preventing this.  Another option is for this backup
list owner to telnet into the majordomo server and post his/her
message from there. (poor security)

If you "want" to allow these huge headers into your list, for
everyone, not just the list owner, you can change settings in
the /etc/majordomo.cf file.  The settings to modify are;

# The maximum character length of the header lines for resend
#
$MAX_HEADER_LINE_LENGTH = 128;

# The maximum character length of the _entire_ header for resend
#
$MAX_TOTAL_HEADER_LENGTH = 1024;

Dan Liston